- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large egg whites, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup panko (Japanese breadcrumbs)
- 4 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 cup jarred tomato-basil pasta sauce
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
1. Preheat oven to 450°.
2. Combine first 3 ingredients in a shallow dish; place egg whites in a bowl. Place panko in a shallow dish. Dredge 1 breast half in flour mixture. Dip in egg whites; dredge in panko. Repeat procedure with remaining chicken, flour mixture, egg whites, and panko.
3. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken to pan; cook 2 minutes. Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil. Turn chicken over; cook 2 minutes. Coat chicken with cooking spray; place pan in oven. Bake at 450° for 5 minutes. Turn chicken over; top each breast half with 2 tablespoons sauce, 2 tablespoons Parmigiano-Reggiano, and 3 tablespoons mozzarella. Bake 6 minutes or until chicken is done.
Fat:16.9g (sat 6.4g,mono 7.6g,poly 1.3g)